Monday, March 20, 2006

Post-Protestant

I recently read Brian McLaren's book A Generous Orthodoxy. It was an interesting read. But I came across one term I really liked which was "Post-Protestant".

"Post-Protestant", to me, picks out the people today who:
  • come from Protestant backgrounds (though not necessarily I suppose)
  • but who feel no strong connection with any given Protestant denomination
  • and hence struggle to identify themselves as any Christian sub-group
  • would prefer to just consider themselves "Christian"
  • don't hold any animosity against Catholics
  • aren't really interested in defending Traditional Protestant Doctrine
  • are interested in taking the best from all Christian denominations and history and moving forward in a spirit of unity

I like that, because I think it accurately describes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home